Jun 18, 2018
Many recent reports, such as
Gallup, Deloitte, Steelcase, show that employee engagement is at an
all-time low. Many companies try to address that, investing in
softwares or apps with the intent to boost employee engagement, but
with no clear plan or methodology in place, because decisions are
often driven by HR and IT and we all know they’re not usually
people-centric. What happens is that employees don’t use those
tools, because the user experience sucks.
When it comes to internal communications, very few companies do a good job at creating and distributing compelling and engaging content to their employees. Email updates, staff meetings, basic newsletter have very poor engagement rates. What’s interesting is that video content has become a predominant communication tool for consumer brands to engage with their customers. Yet, companies fail to adopt video content to engage with their employees.
Sam Crumley is the Vice President of Employee Experience at Panopto, the fastest-growing provider of video software for training, teaching, and presenting.
When you look at the employee lifecycle, from being a candidate, to the onboarding process, to training and development, video content can play a big part in driving high engagement. The way we consume content is very different from a decade ago. Nowadays, whether it’s training, internal communications, employees consume content in different ways. They expect on-demand content, on their preferred device, via multiple channels. How can companies efficiently develop, manage and distribute content with all these considerations? Sam will share some insights.
Today with Sam we talk
- What are some basic questions HR leaders should ask themselves when considering investing in any type of employee engagement tool.
- Why organizations fail to adopt video content to engage with their employees while many companies have been successful leveraging video content to engage with consumers.
- What are the basic steps companies should follow to invest in and to develop good video content.
- How companies can efficiently develop, manage and distribute content with all these considerations.
- What metrics should companies consider to measure engagement, consumption and return on investment when it comes to internal communications.
This episode is brought to you
by Fusion Alliance. Fusion Alliance
delivers holistic solutions fusing together data, digital and
technology to redefine customer experiences and move your ideas to
execution. That’s why businesses across multiple industries have
relied on Fusion’s expertise and partnership for over 25
If you want to send me feedback, suggestions for future topics or guests, you can reach me at email@example.com or on Twitter @eX_Summit.
Thanks for listening.
Interested in learning more about Business To Employee Branding (B2E branding)?
Interested in sponsoring or speaking at the next Employee Experience Summit (eX Summit) in your city?