Sep 2, 2019
When a company grows big at a very fast pace, change is both constant and exciting. During periods of rapid growth, companies often revel in the glory of increased revenue, high performing teams, a sense of pride and belonging that comes with a positive trajectory. On the other hand, this success can also bring its own challenges – call them growing pains – that can create tensions, hiccups and negatively impact the company culture.
As each new hire brings something new, influences and evolves the culture, the leadership team must keep a clear vision and navigate through turbulence that could create frustration, burnout, turnover or even negatively impact the company’s core values. Culture, with an ever-evolving employee experience, is the compass to keep the ship and its crew moving in the same direction.
Tom McCauley is the Vice President of Employee Experience at Athletico Physical Therapy, one of the leaders in orthopedic rehabilitation services to communities, employers and athletes, with over 475 locations throughout twelve states.
Today with Tom we talk
- What triggered Athletico to create the VP of Employee Experience role and what was the process to define it vs a more traditional HR role.
- How does Athletico scale up the culture and EX and ensure there is consistency across all the 475 locations spread across 12 states.
- What makes Athletico different and attractive in very competitive field, with a close-to-zero unemployment rate among physical therapists.
- How does the company balance quantity vs. quality when they have to fill positions very quickly in a very competitive candidate market.
- What prompted Tom to revamp the onboarding process what the future state looks like.
- How he sees the talent acquisition and the HR functions evolve in the next 5 years.
Support for this podcast is
brought to you by LifeGuides. LifeGuides helps companies increase
employee engagement and reduce presenteeism loss, by providing a
human-to-human network to help employees through their Life
LifeGuides pairs people who are going through a specific Life Challenge, with Guides who have gone through the exact-same Life Challenge. As Match.com pairs people for love, and Doctors On Demand finds doctors for patients, we match a Guide to each employee’s specific Life Challenge.
For employers, LifeGuides offers a range of customized plans, which support your employee families with one-on-one support, offers empathy, experienced guidance and are highly-affordable.
Find out more at www.lifeguides.com.
If you want to send me feedback, suggestions for future topics or guests, you can reach me at email@example.com or on Twitter @eX_Summit.
Interested in learning more about Business To Employee Branding (B2E branding)?
Interested in sponsoring or speaking at the next Employee Experience Summit (eX Summit) in your city?